Saturday, March 21, 2009

No time to spare

Been working my butt off on the trailer and don't want to take to much time out to post on the blog so I think for a while at least I will just post a brief description and pictures.

Took off, cleaned and remounted the right tail light, it was leaking. ordered new lens from odmrv.com.
Added wiring for smoke, CO and LPG detectors.
Added 12 volt wiring for fridge and hot water heater.
Moved A/C thermostat wiring, thermostat was on side of overhead, now will be mounted on wall.
Finished beefing up the ceiling RH side to hang bunk beds from.
Tore out and painted rear endcap, 5 cans of Krylon Fusion "Dove white"
Recieved some new old stock parts from Barker Mfg in Battle Creek for my Skyliner antenna so I rebuilt that.
Took the shower pan out.
Took off the rear half of belly pan.
Cleaned all the seams I could get to on the interior and caulked them.
Cleaned off all the old exterior caulk on the rear and kitchen window and sealed them with Acryl-R, will go over that with some Vulkem.
Spent all day Friday chaseing down a short in the running lights, found the clearance light in RH tail light was shorted.
Soildered some wires for the tail lights the mice had chewed up.
Moved antenna, radio and 120 volt wiring from behide fridge, the new fridge is taller and covers half the outlet. Not an easy task as I beefed up the ceiling for the bunk beds and that did not leave any room for running wires.

Interior torn out:


Painting the end cap:


NOS Parts from Barker MFG, base plate from odmrv.com"


New base plate is one inch taller than the old one.
I needed to cut the new crank shaft 1" taller than the old one, I messed up and only cut it .100 taller so I machined a new one out of 5/16" drill rod
First pic, old shaft and new one.
Second pic old shaft, new one I cut wrong, new machined one:


All put back together:

No comments: