Sunday, March 8, 2009

Doing odd jobs

Been tackling miscellaneous jobs again.

I ordered some dump valves and tail light Len's from Vintage trailer supply, the dump valves were $46.99 each and wouldn't you know it the day after I ordered them I went to Richfeild Trailer Supply in Grand Rapids, MI and they have them there for $17.00. I did pick up some parts for my Braund Skyliner antenna for $6.99, don't need them but thought I'd never find them if I did.


Antenna parts:


Could not find the long black ABS WYE for the waste piping to make a new run so I tried to save what I have and it worked very well. I cut off the old valve and then cut slits in the remaining parts about 3/4" apart and drove a small screwdriver in between what remained of the valve and the black pipe. I had to change to cutting the slits 1/4" apart as some of it was difficult to break off and I was worried I would break the black pipe. After I had almost all the old valve chipped out I went around the inside of the pipe with a rotary bur and cleaned it up.

Cutting off old valves.




Read on the web that car modelers were using Easy Off oven cleaner to strip the paint off there ABS plastic models so I tried it on the A/C shroud, took almost all the paint off with hurting the ABS plastic shroud. Also got the A/C unit back form the heating and cooling guys and they said it check out great, cost me $35.00 to have them give it a once over. The compressor what getting rusty so I paint it with some Por-15.

Before and after stripping:

After picture coming

Added a new seal to underside of A/C unit, I used the closed cell foam strip they use when mounting a topper to the bed of a truck.


Before and after:


Making new rubber vibration pads for A/C fan:




Got after some cracks and holes in the bath on the ABS plastic parts, whittled some plastic off parts that would not show and soaked them in MEK for a day to make up a paste and filled in the cracks.

Adding plastic:


No comments: