Thursday, January 1, 2009

Temporary leak fix

I temporarily fixed some leaks the other day, it's to cold to do a permanent fix.
The previous owner took out the water heater and covered the hole with a piece of plywood, I think the window over the sink and the water fill is leaking and I have the furnace out for replacement and need a temporary seal for the furnace vent.

On a suggestion form Guido at Airforums I took of the plywood off and added a ribbon of foam around it and screwed it back on. Wayne&Sam also from Airforums suggested using butyl tape for sealing the leaks and I put some butyl around the plywood, kitchen window and water fill.
I just have some waterproof duck tape on the inside over the furnace vent and will use butyl to temporarily seal that also.

Looks like crap but will hopefully keep the water out until spring

Edit 1/27/2009: This has worked out quite well so far.

See the thread at: Airforums.com Temporary leak fix

Click image for larger version  Name: Leak fix2.jpg Views: 0 Size: 242.4 KB ID: 73233Click image for larger version  Name: Leak fix 1.jpg Views: 0 Size: 214.0 KB ID: 73232

No comments: